(Note: acquisition based on these job openings is not appreciated)
PROJECT MANAGER (m/f) - location: Rotterdam
For expansion of our project management team Ranj is looking for an experienced project manager. Ranj works on interesting, state of the art and innovative serious gaming projects in different fields: teaching & training, healthcare and recruitment & selection. Our clients are mainly leading, large companies and (semi)government organizations in the Netherlands and abroad.
From a project manager we expect that she/he structures, plans and manages projects with enthusiasm and passion. She/he is the liaison between the client organization and the development team of Ranj. She/he leads teams with specialists in concept development, design and technical development. Projects often take place in hectical and complex environments. Our project managers like to work under pressure and are able to release the project team from stress (and apply strong stakeholder management).
- You have excellent organisational skills. You are able to structure projects, make project plans and manage project on time, money (budget) and quality;
- You manage the balance of the interests between external stakeholders, internal stakeholders and your team;
- You have a feeling for human relations, have very good communicative skills and you always manage client expectations well;
- You have a good sense of team dynamics and can lead people in a convincing way;
- You feel at ease in the hectical environments that projects can bring and are able to perform well under stress;
- You have good languages skills in English and preferably also in Dutch;
- You have a positive attitude and a hands-on mentality;
- You are an ambitious professional with a commercial drive and you think in chances and opportunities.
- A university degree at a bachelors level or above;
- A minimum of two years of experience as a project manager is required, preferably in professional services, ICT, new media and/or healthcare;
- Knowledge and experience of generally accepted project management methodologies and tools;
- Fluent English spoken and written; German is an advantage;
- Affinity with games and/or new media is an advantage.
- Ranj is a creative, innovative company with company culture of warmth, care and fun. We find it very important that every employee feels at home in our company. We appreciate everyone’s personal contribution, especially when this differs from beaten tracks;
- The role of a project manager is a challenging job where you get the opportunity to develop yourself as a management professional. You will work on interesting projects in many different topics (a broad range of fields) with clients that are all leading in their industries;
- We offer a package of benefits that is competitive in the serious gaming market.
SENIOR VISUAL DESIGNER (m/f)
For 32-40 hrs.
Ranj is growing and aims to hire a Senior Visual Designer to join our Art Department on a short notice.
As a visual designer you will:
- develop the overall vision on all aspects of the visual design of a project document and communicate it to key stakeholders, team members and management
- work in close cooperation with your project team consisting of game designers, programmers and project management
- work on projects from concept and pitch phase to implementation
- give directions to asset developers and junior designers
- give directions to external visual designers and specialists
- monitor the visual quality of the project during the production phase
- work on improvements of production process of visual assets
- creative and conceptual thinking skills (HBO+ education)
- a flexible and solution driven attitude
- industry experience with games, interactive media and audio-visual media. Video and photography plays an increasingly important role in our games. Knowledge of or a background in video design is a plus.
- broad understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines
- excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
- the ability to handle complex client dynamics in an international setting
- Master level skills of Adobe CS applications
- passion for gaming, affinity with serious games and with the kind of clients and projects that we work for.
- the opportunity to work on a wide variety of innovative products for national and international markets and clients. You work together with top-notch specialists in the field.
- an informal work environment. With the whole team we are keen to create ever more engaging and effective serious games. Ranj is a creative and innovative studio. We appreciate everybody’s contribution to the company and there is a lot of room to explore new opportunities and technologies.
- a beautiful work environment with a view across the Rotterdam harbor
- the opportunity to end up as a character in one of our games.
Interested in this job? Send your motivation with CV and link to online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org